coffeetwitch's 40g breeder fowlr

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
coffeetwitch said:
does the betta grow slow? why wouldnt it keep pace with the lion as far as size goes?

It's smaller and is a slow fish. Idk... Plus it's a slow eater. Just make sure ur 125g is established. I didn't do it because of the difficulty after reading up on them.

k so im back to just planing to get a flame angel, a six line, fire shrimp, and mandarin when i can. maybe some clowns. ill have to see how crowded i am after these fish. any suggested replacements or am i good on my choices?

coffeetwitch said:
k so im back to just planing to get a flame angel, a six line, fire shrimp, and mandarin when i can. maybe some clowns. ill have to see how crowded i am after these fish. any suggested replacements or am i good on my choices?

Looks good to me. Wait about 2 weeks and u could probably get a mandarin.

cool i can wait two weeks. im going to try to get more pods to continue my seeding. we will see what all happens come payday and how far i can stretch my budget.

coffeetwitch said:
cool i can wait two weeks. im going to try to get more pods to continue my seeding. we will see what all happens come payday and how far i can stretch my budget.

Just see it eat before you take it, please.

coffeetwitch said:
that may be a problem. idk if im going to get one local or online.

Get it on line. Special order it. I try to buy at lfs... Seems to work better for me. Try to if u can, especially a fish like that.

kk, ill take your advice on this. they are one of those fish that are hit and miss here. last time i was at the local fish store he kinda disappointed me with his lack of interest in either holding a fish i wanted for me or making sure he had what i wanted for friday. we will see how it goes if i do my thursday scouting

coffeetwitch said:
i dont know if that made since or not.

Yep. Made perfect since... Your lfs is an [moderator edit]... Lol

Last edited by a moderator:
ha yeah. i guess i dont spend enough $$. i dont want to speak ill of the guy or his store. hes got to make a buck and some guy (me) that comes in all the time to look and not buying every week doesnt make that buck.

but when you do have that "buck" he should want you to spend it at his store. The whole customer service thing...lol

coffeetwitch said:
ha yeah. i guess i dont spend enough $$. i dont want to speak ill of the guy or his store. hes got to make a buck and some guy (me) that comes in all the time to look and not buying every week doesnt make that buck.

Yeah, in till u wanna buy that huge purchase for your 125g.... Then wheres he stand, empty pocketed. Never treat a customer wrong. Why ppl use to ask for me when I worked at best buy. I didn't lie and never sold them stuff they didn't need. And still the sales for my section were higher then when anyone else worked. Always treat ppl with respect and curtesy and it'll go a long way.. Write that down... Lmao (love Van Wilder)

thats been written down for a while!

i really hope he has what i want. i want to give him my money. i want him to succeed with his store. the more he does the more he can stock. but like you said david. if he cant help me out i wont help him out.

your right carey i may only have a dollar. but i do get to deside where to spend it.

slither, 14 days is more than he offers. im starting to get more comfortable with the notion that they are safe to purchase from. a lot of the fish i want i can only get in a timely fashion from them. again my dollar can go to them just as fast as my guy whom is hesitant to stock for me.

Yes, but a mandarin isnt usually guaranteed from online stores... Seeing it eat in person is worth tje extra hassle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom