coffeetwitch's 40g breeder fowlr

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i have 2 chain stores in town that offer saltwater fish. id rather go to my independent guy. ill do my best to follow the advice. considering the wait and hassle and wait that ive gone through to just keep a mandarin i should do that extra step to make sure he will last. plus i want a male mandarin. idk how i would get that from an online store.

I agree that you should try to help out the local stores but I've been to a few really bad ones that I hope go out of business. Also, unless the mandarin is an Ora tank bred one, I don't think that they will eat prepared food.... But at least in the store you can see how it is doing since it is true that most online stores don't guarantee mandarins.

The only maintainance on a scrubber is slight trimming, cleaning of the acrylic shields, and replacement of the bulbs... in terms of incorporating it...there's numerous ways... search on here for "diy turf scrubber" and check it out.... def more than worth the trial and error. In terms of the wishlist, volitan lions can easily reach 12-15" in length.... once they are that big, they will most likely gulp anything that they can fit in their insanely ginormous mouthes.... its crazy what they will eat. The marine betta would prob be ok with a lion ...until the lion gains size. Most people and articles I've read say it only takes about 15 months for a volitan to reach a decent size.as for the radiata, I believe they grow to 9-10 inches... which is a little bit more manageable. As for the other fish im not sure. Again sorry for the late reply

**edit** if you don't get an aussie tusk, im stealing your tanks while you sleep...deal?

The only maintainance on a scrubber is slight trimming, cleaning of the acrylic shields, and replacement of the bulbs... in terms of incorporating it...there's numerous ways... search on here for "diy turf scrubber" and check it out.... def more than worth the trial and error. In terms of the wishlist, volitan lions can easily reach 12-15" in length.... once they are that big, they will most likely gulp anything that they can fit in their insanely ginormous mouthes.... its crazy what they will eat. The marine betta would prob be ok with a lion ...until the lion gains size. Most people and articles I've read say it only takes about 15 months for a volitan to reach a decent size.as for the radiata, I believe they grow to 9-10 inches... which is a little bit more manageable. As for the other fish im not sure. Again sorry for the late reply

**edit** if you don't get an aussie tusk, im stealing your tanks while you sleep...deal?

first off. deal!

late reply is still welcome and still informative. by chance are you doing a diy thread on your turf scrubber? also like to say that why couldnt every site i looked at explain it as you did. makes since.

Yes I will be doing a diy scrubber thread lol. Not 100% sure when ill truly get to the building part (hopefully friday/Saturday) and thank you :) try to explain it as best as possible in my words lol....please I wish every site was like that...then we wouldn't see hobbyists putting sweet lips in 55 gallon tanks lmao

ill keep an eye open for your thread. speaking of sweet lips...

i want to thank you all for your help and info for this tank, and a hypothetical 125.

and for making sure im not too lost in the sauce and succeed with them.

Twitch, go onto the Ora websit and go to products. Somewhere on the website you an email ten with your city an they will tell you where the nearest mandarin dealer is.

well as much as i wanted those black ice clowns, i couldnt wait. i just got a pair of regular old ora ocellaris clowns. this town sucks for sw fish. i really should just order everything from online. screw trying to support local business. i called all the stores in an hours drive away from me and no one has a flame angel.

What?!?! Those have to be one of the most common fish ever! You're looking at one right now in petco!

coffeetwitch said:
well as much as i wanted those black ice clowns, i couldnt wait. i just got a pair of regular old ora ocellaris clowns. this town sucks for sw fish. i really should just order everything from online. screw trying to support local business. i called all the stores in an hours drive away from me and no one has a flame angel.

Sorry :(.

yeah. its stupid. anytime they have them in stock they always sell by the end of the week. you would think that it would be a fish that they stock as common as a clown.

Too bad you couldn't get your angel. I seen a half black angel at my
Lfs today it was pretty cool. They don't usually have flames here either and they want $70 when they do.

you act as though the regular ocellaris arent pretty, still a darn good buy if you ask me, (ps- the black ice are stunning;) )

oh and pics or it didnt happen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom