Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 10-09-2011, 10:50 PM   #511
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Buffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Weston, WI
Posts: 1,632
Awe....... that's sweet, what love in da house . What kind of sea star is it?

Hey you mentioned being bored....I have sump/refuge/tank move/lights to hang and well I could have an awfully long honey do list for you if your honey didn't mind. hehehehe
__________________

__________________
75 Gallon Saltwater Reef;

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline  
Old 10-09-2011, 11:02 PM   #512
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
coffeetwitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: springfield mo
Posts: 3,690
ha yeah. i know that if we all lived closer together a helping had wouldnt be too far away.

the starfish is some sort of Protoreaster its the one on the left.


the lfs knew we where looking for an african red knob but had these come in gave me a call and said that we may like one of these sweety pie picked him out.

sadly the one on the right is melting now. its a bad deal. crazy how he got both of them in at the same time. dripped them in the same bucket. but ours is making it and the other one is most likely going to die.
__________________

__________________
coffeetwitch is offline  
Old 10-09-2011, 11:05 PM   #513
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Buffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Weston, WI
Posts: 1,632
Well I'm glad your's is making it
__________________
75 Gallon Saltwater Reef;

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline  
Old 10-10-2011, 11:08 PM   #514
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
coffeetwitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: springfield mo
Posts: 3,690
my midnight is acting weird. starting to hide in the back of the tank like my cardinal was. this will be his second day of keeping to himself.

i didnt really see him eat much when i fed the tank either.
__________________
coffeetwitch is offline  
Old 10-10-2011, 11:26 PM   #515
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
redsea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 8,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeetwitch View Post
my midnight is acting weird. starting to hide in the back of the tank like my cardinal was. this will be his second day of keeping to himself.

i didnt really see him eat much when i fed the tank either.
Not sure if this would help, but you could turn the lights off. It might make him feel better. Good luck!
__________________
Please don't forget about the toxins in some corals (like zoas and palythoas)
180 gallon reef announcement!:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMgmb124jrs&t=35s
redsea is offline  
Old 10-10-2011, 11:27 PM   #516
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
redsea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 8,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeetwitch View Post
ha yeah. i know that if we all lived closer together a helping had wouldnt be too far away.

the starfish is some sort of Protoreaster its the one on the left.


the lfs knew we where looking for an african red knob but had these come in gave me a call and said that we may like one of these sweety pie picked him out.

sadly the one on the right is melting now. its a bad deal. crazy how he got both of them in at the same time. dripped them in the same bucket. but ours is making it and the other one is most likely going to die.
Sorry about the star on the right. I love the one on the left though! Is he eating ok? (Sorry, I am behind on this thread).
__________________
Please don't forget about the toxins in some corals (like zoas and palythoas)
180 gallon reef announcement!:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMgmb124jrs&t=35s
redsea is offline  
Old 10-10-2011, 11:36 PM   #517
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
coffeetwitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: springfield mo
Posts: 3,690
its all good. yep the one we actually brought home is doing great. he as eaten very well. i was told to only feed him 2x a week and yesterday was his 3rd time eating. besides being slower than dirt hes a champ.
__________________
coffeetwitch is offline  
Old 10-10-2011, 11:38 PM   #518
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
redsea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 8,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeetwitch
its all good. yep the one we actually brought home is doing great. he as eaten very well. i was told to only feed him 2x a week and yesterday was his 3rd time eating. besides being slower than dirt hes a champ.
Awesome! Does he eat nori!
__________________
Please don't forget about the toxins in some corals (like zoas and palythoas)
180 gallon reef announcement!:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMgmb124jrs&t=35s
redsea is offline  
Old 10-10-2011, 11:41 PM   #519
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
coffeetwitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: springfield mo
Posts: 3,690
when i got him i ask the owner of the lfs if this was his star and he had to chose from what he had to sell what would he buy.

i purchased frozen silversides. break them in half and thaw. the star is about the size of the palm of my hand.
__________________
coffeetwitch is offline  
Old 10-10-2011, 11:45 PM   #520
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
redsea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 8,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeetwitch
when i got him i ask the owner of the lfs if this was his star and he had to chose from what he had to sell what would he buy.

i purchased frozen silversides. break them in half and thaw. the star is about the size of the palm of my hand.
That is great! Do you just put the silverside next to the star, and then he finds his way over? Would you say he is pretty hardy?
__________________

__________________
Please don't forget about the toxins in some corals (like zoas and palythoas)
180 gallon reef announcement!:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMgmb124jrs&t=35s
redsea is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
40 gallon, breed, breeder, fowlr

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Adam's quest: FOWLR -> Reef AdamHorton Saltwater Reef Aquaria 13 04-17-2012 11:25 PM
The Forty Gallon Breeder Build bruinsbro1997 Freshwater & Brackish - Getting Started 957 04-08-2012 09:10 PM
100 gallon fowlr requirements? Dingodan Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started 19 08-24-2011 09:29 PM
starting a 20 gallon fowlr tank PLEASE HELP volcomkrew4life Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started 2 08-08-2011 11:19 PM
40g breeder tank stocking questions... FishN00b83 Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion 12 07-26-2011 08:21 PM







» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.