Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-05-2011, 11:55 PM   #751
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeetwitch View Post
updates. i did get the 6 line and a banggai. oh and i redo my rock. why??? idk but its done.
Very nice fish! I like the rockwork too, there are lots of arches!

Old 11-06-2011, 12:48 AM   #752
Aquarium Advice Addict

How's the six line doin?!

life is short... get a fish.
Old 11-06-2011, 12:57 AM   #753
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlsardina View Post
SW equipment is the same way! Look at just how lights have evolved over the years.
ive only read, unfortunately ive only just begun sw. hahaha and fw only since june, well i think i had a 10gallon when i was a kid. its more fun now that im making the money to buy the stuff. think i could have ever talked mom into spending 150$ for a canister filter? nooooo wayyyy in he[moderator edit]

man i knew nothing back then. had an under gravel filter. i dont think i ever got my tank to cycle. for some reason i thought i had to remove the fish and wash the tank out in the bathtub to clean the tank... im not proud of it. but hey i was like 8-9. all i know is an aquarium with 10 gallons of water plus gravel was a lot for me as a kid to carry from my room to the tub. and yeah we had indoor plumbing back then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepsWithFish View Post
Lol will do.
glad you took it in the manner in which it was intended and not cynical.
Old 11-06-2011, 01:10 AM   #754
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepsWithFish View Post
How's the six line doin?!
that is a very good question. i went to go look for him, only to find him lodged in a hole in a rock... gotta love reefcleaners dry rock.

wasnt moving got out the carey endorsed poking stick and he backed out. then disappeared again. ill tell you in the morning or when my ammonia spikes.
Old 11-06-2011, 01:11 AM   #755
Aquarium Advice Freak

Coffee I am th same way. Had all kinds of tanks growing up. Mostly community and did dwarf sea horses for about a year. Just started doing freshwater back in march and. Started with salt water in august as a wedding present for the wife.
Old 11-06-2011, 01:27 AM   #756
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavidson View Post
Coffee I am th same way. Had all kinds of tanks growing up. Mostly community and did dwarf sea horses for about a year. Just started doing freshwater back in march and. Started with salt water in august as a wedding present for the wife.
its been a blast. weve gone from one 55 that belonged to her little brother, he was supposed to move to stl so we got the tank. i fought it. i didnt want anything to do with that tank. then...........

Quote:
Oh yeah- then had two 55 gallon tanks after I got married! But moved to a smaller apartment and gave em to my mom. She still has them both set up with a few angels in each. Lol. Now my daughter has a 10 gallon with a Beta and I have my SW tank. Lol

And that's my life story. Lol. Sorry
theres got to be more than that little bit. and if that truly is it. im glad you shared it. im sure the weight of holding it all in was killing you slowly.
Old 11-06-2011, 01:58 AM   #757
Aquarium Advice Addict

got a light for my fuge. all i need is some macro.
Old 11-06-2011, 01:11 AM   #758
Aquarium Advice Addict

i was trying to duplicate this, unicorn said it worked for her too.
macro algae.. how much is too much????

but i dont think my bulb is the same.

on the bulb i bought, its states its a soft white 2700k, 1750 lumens, 26w=100w. i looked at home depot, both lowes, and one walmart. nothing that wasnt a soft white in the ge brand.
Old 11-06-2011, 01:30 AM   #759
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Gotta let me know if this works!

gotta get my chaeto first. was gonna add mangroves. i read some where that they where good for removing toxins too. being a mech and always having something bad on my hands, i like that. can they be fully submerged or do i need extra work to make it happen. i kill anything considered a plant. its a gift.

anything that goes sexy is out.
Old 11-06-2011, 07:32 AM   #760
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Jlsardina
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeetwitch

gotta get my chaeto first. was gonna add mangroves. i read some where that they where good for removing toxins too. being a mech and always having something bad on my hands, i like that. can they be fully submerged or do i need extra work to make it happen. i kill anything considered a plant. its a gift.

anything that goes sexy is out.
They can't be fully in the water. At least the top inch of two has to be out. What I did was take a little hang on breeder box and drill holes on the front and sides for water movement, added a dsb, hung it in my refugium. I have lights on them for about 12-16 hours a day. I went out and just picked some up at the island floating around so I had to wait about a month for roots to sprout. But now I have nice roots and am about to get some leaves! Just make sure when your mangroves get leaves to not let them drop leaves in your tank water- this is where's all the bad nutrients are exported to and it will all just go back into your tank

Tags
40 gallon, breed, breeder, fowlr

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com