coffeetwitch's 40g breeder fowlr

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i think im over stocked. or after the mandarin i will be done. the only thing helping me out is that my system is 70gallons of water with a dsb in the tank and the refugium that is half of my sump. with a skimmer rated for 150gallons.

What is your stocking now?

Coffeetwitch: the master of filtration.

Lol that's a nice set up!!
thanks. 40 breeder dt and 40 breeder sump.

master of filtration??? ha. just because i ran my 55 with twin 305's my 75 with twin 405 and now my 125 with an fx5 ac70 and a 305? my fw fish never had to worry about lack of filtration.

What is your stocking now?
i know that when i get it all typed out it will be heavy.

k here goes.

2 clowns
banggai
flame hawkfish
lawnmower blenny
6 line wrasse
midnight angel.

only other fish i want to add is the mandarin.

thats not too bad is it?

i know im full.

ha nice, but i think there are copy rights on that one. if you upsize go big as you can man. i know im limited on stocking with the 40. hence having to get rid of the solar wrasse and the one spot out of sweety pies 40

I figure I'll get a few hundred dollars and hold onto it until a big sale or awesome cl deal comes around.

back to the mandarin though-if you're getting an ora from la, i'd be pretty positive its an ora and was on prep at one point in time, with many of those going off prep for a period of time anyhow the pods is a good sign. the simple fact that they have been raised on prep should make an easier transition to get them back to prep.

basically what i'm saying is... as long as you have a good pod population and are certain its an ora i would worry less about it. If you were going with a less reputable site i would advise against.

Speaking of anything with australian in front of it? ..... that's right!!! Lol. I know you're extremely excited about the mandarin but there's a high to the pods... they don't normally establish a constant stable population, they bloom/die/repeat.. if you have a fluctuating population a mandarin hey well may wipe hem out completely. Just would absolutely hate to see you lose one:( I have full faith in your keeping abilities (they are great) but mandarins are unique

thank you kurty and thank you brent.

i think brent is just trying to get me to get that tusk and not worry about the mandarin just yet. maybe the mandarin could be a reward for my hard work on the 125 and getting a tusk?

i can wait.

maybe next paycheck i can work on sweety pies sump or just order some rock for the 125? or maybe updating the heaters. who knows.

really continuing to wait is sound advice. waiting for the pod population to stabilize with out me seeding much more than what i have would probably be better for my tank anyway.

hahaha believe me, ive played with that idea! how fast do they grow? im certain my 40 is capable of housing one for a few months until i get the 125 switched. like swimswithfish mentioned. i think my filtration is heavy enough to carry the extra live stock.

This thread has gone way off track. Here lately it`s been one liners and off topic post. It has served it`s purpose. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom