Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-15-2011, 10:47 PM   #881
Aquarium Advice Addict

no reef. too much to light it properly. aggressive idk peaceful probably. IF we do i know i want an aussy tusk. we kinda looked on la last night together and found a bunch of fish that we like. just dont know if they would all get along.

Old 11-15-2011, 10:53 PM   #882
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kio707 View Post
Sweet add... I loved my chiclids, but nothing is like SW. Not trying to offend anyone. Just my opinion.
im partial to the cichlids. its a hard decision. ive been thinking about it ever since i was made to downsize. and then once they are gone we will only have saltwater tanks. your right there is something about saltwater thats kinda like a cleaner high than fw. maybe, just maybe. if we do the 125 i may grab a couple rams for the 20 gallon that has been used for everything other than what we bought it for.

Old 11-15-2011, 11:13 PM   #883
Aquarium Advice Addict

I've said this a thousand times but....
I love the simple beauty of FW but I also love the complex beauty and movement of SW. I like the idea of fowlrs because of all the fish you can't put in a reef. Like Angels<3

life is short... get a fish.
Old 11-16-2011, 01:06 AM   #884
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

+1000 to the aussie tusk...granted its expensive but its worth every cent.. as you know mines still an ugly duckling juvenile and Im still over the top happy I pulled the trigger on him.
Old 11-16-2011, 01:07 AM   #885
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Jlsardina
I would kill for an Aussie tank. But even going through the wholesaler I couldn't afford it.
Old 11-16-2011, 01:45 AM   #886
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeetwitch
firefish or purple firefish? any conflicts with my wanted stocking of

6 line wrasse
flame angel
2 clowns
mandarin

existing:
flame hawk
banggai
lawnmower blenny.

how many is too many for this tank? im trying to figure out what and who to keep in this tank and have an elegant and appealing tank thats not just some of this and a little of that.
I like the purple firefish better. Mine doesn't swim around much, but he is always out where you can see him. I just think they are more colorful.
Old 11-16-2011, 01:56 AM   #887
Aquarium Advice Addict

less than 200 on la jodi. glad your still following brent. what and how do you feed your lion?

ive got a list of 18 fish. my wrist turned into mush tonight so ill list them all tomorrow hopefully when i can type with both hands. [moderator edit] brake job on a dump truck at work aggravated the worst of my sprained ones. thats what i get for being stubborn and never giving them time to heal. oh well.
Old 11-16-2011, 02:01 AM   #888
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsmith79 View Post
I like the purple firefish better. Mine doesn't swim around much, but he is always out where you can see him. I just think they are more colorful.
as long as he hangs out in front of the rock work he should fit in nicely.

you would think that i would have had this stocking sorted all out by now. i dont want to over stock but i think i can push it a bit. skimmer is rated for 150gallon and the sump volume is almost the same as my dt. dsb in both.
Old 11-16-2011, 02:05 AM   #889
Aquarium Advice Addict

Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums: Harlequin Tusk

on sale for 169 but for how long idk. get one get one!!!

hey jodi do you have a purple tang? how does he get along with everyone else. la has him listed as aggressive. most the fish on my list for the rumored 125 are semi and one or two maybe 4 are peaceful
Old 11-16-2011, 02:52 AM   #890
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

My volitan is by far the easiest fish to feed. (Atleast out of my tank) I bought Sally's frozen silversides, cut one in half and soak in hot water for 3-4 minutes... then drop ot in the water in front of my lion... he's to the point where when I feed him, he comes up and hovers about 3" below the surface waiting. The tusk is the fun one when it comes to eating...in less than 2 weeks he's gone from hiding to poking the top of his head out the water waiting for food...in another week ill have him handfeeding psssst-- Jesse get a tusk!

Closed Thread

Tags
40 gallon, breed, breeder, fowlr

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com