coffeetwitch's 40g breeder fowlr

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
nice rock work. how many lbs?

i only need a glass top for the eel correct? but if im sealed off to keep the eel in the co2 is trapped in the tank too.

oh ive heard about using a screen instead of a glass top for the lid. i can do that and not worry about it! just got to figure out how to do that. maybe one of those cool slide in lids.

It's about 80 lbs.

A lot of people use egg crate that can be purchased from home depot and places like that. They're little squares so air easily moves through them and are small enough to make it difficult for the eel to get out.

forgot about egg crate thanks. those are still pretty big holes though. .5" right? or do they come in .25" too. he is still a little guy. and so far doing fine in the 75g open top. im not saying one to justify the other. i want this tank up and running asap but i can see it taking a while. better to do it right than rush it.

thats alot of rock but still looks like its got plenty of swimming area.

Bulk reef supply sells the DIY screen kits under Misc items. Pretty cheap and you get a perfect screen top that will never fail and doesn't block too much light.

Yep I saw that, thank you. It was in another thread somewhere. I'm going to take some time and look at all my options. I'm glad I got the ro/di unit we did but the math says just under 10 hours to make enough water to fill it up. I don't have a bulk container for water yet so we are working two buckets back and forth.

just a quick update. and not really much of one. last night i moved one of the fluval 405 canister filters from our 75 sw to this one. today i dropped in a bolder of a piece of lr. that was the good. the bad is that when i moved it over from the 75 it carried over enough white sand to not be able to hide it all

i think that when i can im going to order some base rock from reefcleaners.org, as of right now i have no idea how i want the tank to look as far as aquascaping. i think i may take a hammer to that bolder and see if i can get some usable rubble for my sump im building for the 75g

coffeetwitch said:
After seeing kio's platinum clown I'm thinking I would like one and then one black and white.

Don't be stealing my fish ideas.... Lol....

she doesn't want one.... at that price i dont blame her. they are cool looking fish though. i guess i will stick with the black and white and the false clown.

we did talk about getting a red cc starfish. but i was worried if i would have too much red and not enough diverse coloring.

coffeetwitch said:
she doesn't want one.... at that price i dont blame her. they are cool looking fish though. i guess i will stick with the black and white and the false clown.

we did talk about getting a red cc starfish. but i was worried if i would have too much red and not enough diverse coloring.

Lol... Figured she would say that.... If I didn't get it for what I did, woulda never got it. Plus it wouldn't mix with ur b&w.... It's a perculia, not an ocil.... Goes with the trues, not false... U might wanna look at a snowflake. Close looking and goes with b&w, plus cheaper...

There are ocellaris b&w clowns and I've also seen percula b&w clowns. Either way, they can actually pair up and mate. It's pretty cool stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom