coffeetwitch's 40g breeder fowlr

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. I think I'm gonna start dosing my refugium with phyto. Cause Rotifera eat phyto and copepods eat rotifers. And I've dosed both my dt and fuge with both so why not phyto as well. Things that make you go hmmmmm

hmmmm indeed. sounds like alot of work to grow all of that. but i guess if a persons tank consumes copious amounts of all 3 it might be worth it vs buying it.

started seeing these

So we've started seeing these. I looked up bubble algae and the bubbles aren't green or red. We have an emerald in there but I don't know if he's enough. Help!

Attachments

• image-149334379.jpg
    image-149334379.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 79
  • image-1324553829.jpg
    image-1324553829.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 76
  • image-1049101928.jpg
    image-1049101928.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 92
I started with pods in sump. Let them grow safely. Afterwards, I put it in DT. They are microscopic, so they'll travel the whole system.

Tracie6283 said:
So we've started seeing these. I looked up bubble algae and the bubbles aren't green or red. We have an emerald in there but I don't know if he's enough. Help!

Cayno algea. I have it to tell Jesse to chill with the feeding!!! Lol

Tracie6283 said:
What about the bubbles? What do we do?

If u cut back feedings, it'll starve out. Phosbane reactor will too. U can also suck it up. I do with a turkey baster. Also u can buy chemclean. I got all this info from Mr. X. Following another thread he posted on.

hey david. ive been cutting back feeding to only 3x a day because ive been trying to cut back on this stuff. jkjkjk i have only been feeding once a day for the past week.

im hoping the macro helps remove the stuff its using to grow. i also got an emerald crab thats been knocking it down really well. hopefully everything comes together with some of my new additions. macro and cuc. ill keep once a day feeding for a while more. thanks for the id. and the advice.

If u cut back feedings, it'll starve out. Phosbane reactor will too. U can also suck it up. I do with a turkey baster. Also u can buy chemclean. I got all this info from Mr. X. Following another thread he posted on.

im trying to keep some of the equipment down. but if it takes a wild turn for the worse, i suppose i could try to play catch up. with the reactor and or the chemclean.

again thank you david!

they may not. but at the time of purchase, my decisions on certain snails was because of them saying "helps control" this or that.

i do know that the emerald crab has really helped with the freaky stuff. ive had him for a week? now and i can see how busy he has been.

i think that by continuing my once a day feeding and now that i have something in the sump that will compete for the nutrients i think (hope) that in a few months ill have it whipped

the feeding is going to be hard because you all know i like fat fish and that little banggai is a pig!

oh well gotta do what i gotta do.

firefish or purple firefish? any conflicts with my wanted stocking of

6 line wrasse
flame angel
2 clowns
mandarin

existing:
flame hawk
banggai
lawnmower blenny.

how many is too many for this tank? im trying to figure out what and who to keep in this tank and have an elegant and appealing tank thats not just some of this and a little of that.

this is just rumor and hear say... but i think that sweety pie and i may turn our 125 into a fowlr. just rumor and hear say but its something. sadly our cichlids will have to move out first.

still desperately waiting for payday this friday to add to this tank. kinda lost on what to add. well see previous posts. ha nothing like knowing what until im floating it in water.

Oh snap!!! That would be sweet! And then later you could convert to reef maybe?:0 or have an aggressive fowlr?

Sweet add... I loved my chiclids, but nothing is like SW. Not trying to offend anyone. Just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom