Come home and fish are gone died

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Could it be the pepper shrimp or the star fish

Or the plants

Last edited by a moderator:
No they can't jump how in hell are my clown still a live and three are gone

Plz help

From reading through some of your posts it seems like your moving a little fast. Have you tested your params? And why do you think they couldn't of jumped? If the fish can see the hole and thinks it can fit through it will jump. I've had a 6 line jump through the only 2 inch hole in a mesh top, the hole was for wires.

There no hole I have a had custom lid made

But I think it was the two long hair plants

And I found out one star fish was a mean one so I took plant out and the star so let see, u think that a good idea

The anemones and starfish aren't fish killers. They are too slow to be able to hunt down a healthy fish. It is more than likely they were stressed out and this caused their death. If everything was added once to the tank or the tank wasn't properly cycled, then this can lead to ammonia poisoning.
That aside, your anemones are photosynthetic creatures. What kind of lighting is above your system? They need strong lighting to survive along with pristine water conditions. The death of all those fish at once aren't pointing towards the pristine water portion.

I have not read your other threads, but what are your parameters? What fish died and how long did you have them? How old is the tank?

Clowns are fairly strong, so if this is a newer tank that was not cycled properly, the suggestion that it was ammonia poisoning seems reasonable. Weaker fish would be the last to go. If it is a newer tank, those anemones are the next in line to die. Especially if you do not have strong enough lighting.

The anemones are a concern, but let's focus on your fish first.

1- Ammonia poisoning could have weakened the fish.
2- Anemones ate weak fish
3- Anemonefish were not eaten, for obvious reasons

anemones are not plants. They're animals.
also, they are not for new tanks. Neither are starfish.

Most likely, the tang was extremely stressed, and ich got him, and he passed it on too the other fish. Clowns don't show signs of ich very easily, that's why he is still alive.

Fish Pivledges Revoked

Most likely, the tang was extremely stressed, and ich got him, and he passed it on too the other fish. Clowns don't show signs of ich very easily, that's why he is still alive.

Not meaning to gang up, but you get a 30 gallon tank, and throw in whatever you think looks nice or the pet store says is good without any research. Skimming through your old posts I see you had a horseshoe crab at one point, and argued over that a bit too. You also had a blue damsel and some other bi-color fish.

Research what you are going to be getting before you get it!

You should just keep the two clowns and see if you can maintain those. One mistake, two mistakes, that's understandable, but you keep throwing random fish you find that you like into the tank with no research after people have told you not to.

Now for your anemones, they are living creatures. They eat, they get happy, they get upset, and they have requirements. Your lighting seems inadequate for your anemone.

Have a nice day.

Back
Top Bottom