compatability

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

haus

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a Yellow Tang already in my tank that has bee there for about 3 1/2 months. Today at the LFS I asked them to put a Coral Beauty on hold for me. (It was only $20 :D , about 3 inches long) I am scared that the Tang may not welcome the Coral Beauty as kindly as I would like. I had a Regal Tang that was added 6 weeks ago (it had an awful mishap with a ph, after 3 weeks) but there was no conflict between those two. There is also a small O. Clown, but I am not too worried about him.

I think it will be fine. If you have a lot of LR for the coral beauty to hide in the will help. You can expect a few days of fighting as the pecking order is established. After that things should settle down.

Yellow tangs require at least 55 gallons, I think as long as you are keeping them in enough space you will be fine. Just be sure to supplement with greens as both these fish like veggies. I had a coral beauty and a yellow tang together in a 50 for a time and they did fine together.

Back
Top Bottom