Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 08-08-2011, 12:37 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
i believe for the most part you can, but some are more aggressive than others...i can speak for the Maroon and Yellow clown.. he steals food from my triggers and they dont even chanse him..

my 125g Sw...Round 2!http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...220171-33.html
ever see someone cut a 125g in half??
huma-huma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 05:31 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak
Well done on resisting the impulse buy... sweetlips = MAHOOSIVE very quickly but agreed, a beautiful fish!
Just curious, what clowns were you thinking?

paulace2372 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 05:56 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak
The black and White common and the maroon and yellow, I do like the tomato clown but I've seen one that is quite aggressive! Choices choices!
oO BRIGHTY Oo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 09:08 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Activist
im currenlty have an ocellaris, hes housed with a gramma, damsel and dragonet plus a peppermint shrimp :P he does great with the community, im going to add a designer clown within a few weeks to pair him up ill tell you how it goes!
First ever Saltwater Reef 35gallons!

Live streams down until my lighting schedule is back to normal
newbjank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 12:02 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Originally Posted by oO BRIGHTY Oo
Just fell in love with a spotted sweetlips I have seen at a lfs near me, but don't think I can have it as I've heard they get really big very quickly!

As for our first addition of fish to our tank, I have a question to anybody who has a view, we will be getting two clowns as our first, could we get two different clown species and they would be ok together?!
There always is that chance of everything not going well when mixing species of clowns. They are labeled as semi-aggressive, it is said that they will fight till only one species remains, but that is not always the case. But there is still that chance.

SeaMe is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com