compatability questions..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Evo8

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok so I havea 29 biocube with 2 oc clowns and a firefish right now..I want to add a lawnmower blenny and/or a yellow watchman goby pistol shrimp pair..would they all get along since there the same shape?..if not I'd like the lawnmower and a jawfish..woild that be the same case? Also later on id like to add a royal gramma basslet or six line wrasse. Any suggestions? My clowns and firefish are all best buddies its great!

Ok so I havea 29 biocube with 2 oc clowns and a firefish right now..I want to add a lawnmower blenny and/or a yellow watchman goby pistol shrimp pair..would they all get along since there the same shape?..if not I'd like the lawnmower and a jawfish..woild that be the same case? Also later on id like to add a royal gramma basslet or six line wrasse. Any suggestions? My clowns and firefish are all best buddies its great!

If you are going to add a basslet, I would advise a Swalesi or Swissguard. I have the latter and it's awesome. Eats like a pig, has amazing color and doesn't bother anyone. Both are quite $$$ but worth every penny. You don't see them often in the aquaria.
For a tank that size I would go with a tailspot blenny. It's a nice and funny fish that reaches about 2 inches. Lawnmowers get huge.
Six lines are pretty. I had one. She was mean to fish that I tried adding after her. I took her out. So I would add it last if you end up getting one.
Jawfish is a cool fish. I wish I had one but my sand bed is not deep enough.
As far as mixing fish it could be hard to say. I think firefish and watchman goby should be fine. Gramma and jawfish could harass gobies. Jawfish can also cover your corals with sand. If you don't dust them off you might as well say good bye because it will die...unless your flow takes care of it.

If you are going to add a basslet, I would advise a Swalesi or Swissguard. I have the latter and it's awesome. Eats like a pig, has amazing color and doesn't bother anyone. Both are quite $$$ but worth every penny. You don't see them often in the aquaria.
For a tank that size I would go with a tailspot blenny. It's a nice and funny fish that reaches about 2 inches. Lawnmowers get huge.
Six lines are pretty. I had one. She was mean to fish that I tried adding after her. I took her out. So I would add it last if you end up getting one.
Jawfish is a cool fish. I wish I had one but my sand bed is not deep enough.
As far as mixing fish it could be hard to say. I think firefish and watchman goby should be fine. Gramma and jawfish could harass gobies. Jawfish can also cover your corals with sand. If you don't dust them off you might as well say good bye because it will die...unless your flow takes care of it.

i will defiantly look into the basslets! i have no problem investing in my tank if i like the fish! im still iffy on the 6 line..i feel they look like crack heads! haha (maybe theyll grow on me) so i could add a blenny and goby, you dont think they would fight? i would love to do the pistol shrimp combo with a goby!. i have a nice sand bed..i used around 35-40 lbs of live sand in my biocube!

i will defiantly look into the basslets! i have no problem investing in my tank if i like the fish! im still iffy on the 6 line..i feel they look like crack heads! haha (maybe theyll grow on me) so i could add a blenny and goby, you dont think they would fight? i would love to do the pistol shrimp combo with a goby!. i have a nice sand bed..i used around 35-40 lbs of live sand in my biocube!

I kept a tailspot blenny and watchman goby/shrimp pair together in 30 gallon cube. No issues. You should consider a Yasha goby. It's a very pretty shrimp goby. Also pricey, going for around $40-$45. Actually I might go and get one myself this week. Lol.

Back
Top Bottom