compatibility charts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Criptix

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am a newbie and have not given up.
I am planning a 36 gallon tank and have run into an issue with compatibility. I was a building a tank around a Yellow Tail Damsel because it was hardy and colorful and not expensive but after a lot of reading and thought I am reconsidering but I want to keep the list I started around the Damsel(cleaning crew included):
starting with a cleaning crew
Sally Lightfoot Crab
Blood Red Fire Shrimp
then
a school of 3-5 Blue/Green Reef Chromis
Sleeper Banded Goby
Sailfin/Algae Blenny
Spotted Cardinalfish
The fish that I have considered instead of the Damsel are the Scissortail Dartfish or a Zebra Barred Dartfish but compatibility charts have not agreed on the compatibility one says they are compatible while others say they are not.Which is it?I was also considering a Clown Goby(would it be a problem with my Sleeper Banded Goby?) or Six Line Wrasse.The problem with the Wrasse is all the fish on my list are peaceful but this one is semi-aggressive.
After research I want live rock but not coral.
Any suggestions or thoughts?

As long you have plenty of live rock the clown goby and sleeper banded goby will be ok. Normally what those charts mean is that fish in similar shape and color. I do have both and they have never botched each other.

As far the six line goes its a toss up, some will be wrasse holes, others might be ok.

Check out these wrasse
http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+1378+3041&pcatid=3041

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+1378+1396&pcatid=1396

Tanaka's Pygmy Wrasse (Wetmorella tanakai)

These wrasse are all peaceful and reef safe. All three are the same size as the six line, and just as beautiful.

Hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom