Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 06-29-2004, 02:46 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak
Thanks for the update, 4" of sand!!!! according to the calc on here I'd need 99lbs of sand!!!!!!!!!!! I know I can't afford that so it looks like a LR only tank

I'll take a look for that heater..........

BTW I've noticed that new tanks ain't as expensive as I thought, the LFS isn't overly cheap & I wondered if there are any good online retailers for small tanks? (30-35 UK Gal) Is it not worth the risk though having them shipped to you via courier?

Cheers Shelton.

Shultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 04:13 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict
atari ? for you !! dont remember were i seen this but it was a new over seas skimmer that i really liked the idea for and mabe ya have seen it or can find one !! but basically it was a very very large skimmer like 4' high and 8" round looked like a big 5 gallon water jug !! but what they do over there i guess cause i heard your electric is real expensive there ?? but the skimmer was fed by the over flow and they used 2 enheim pumps to suck water out of the skimmer mix with air via venturi and then right back into the skimmer !! so it would recirculate the water in the skimmer and not push water in from an outside source into the skimmer !! i would love to find out how much this cost with shipping to here or get a better pic to make one myself !!

good luck keith
scuba_steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 05:39 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak
Next Question!

On the subject of R/O water, I have just read an article in the latest Practical fishkeeping & for the sake of copyright it roughly says that a R/O isn't nessasary & that a API Tapwater Purifier is more than enough, anybody got any thoughts on that?

Better still anybody got one/used one? can it be used on an outside tap?

Here's a link to one in the UK, I can't find the manufacturers website though for more details:

Cheers Shelton.

Shultz is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com