Conchs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reefrunner69

Aquarium Advice Addict
I bought a small (1.5") queen conch a few days ago to help keep the sand bed clean. After initially putting it on the sand bed, it proptly climbed up on the rocks and hasn't been on the sand bed since :roll: I didn't think conchs liked getting on the rocks?? What gives, is my conch mentally deficient or is it not a queen conch?

This is the info given at saltwaterfish.com...I just placed an order and bought 2 of the queen conch's.

Queen Conch
Available at approximately 1-2"
Algae Eater
Very easy to care for
Aquacultured in Florida
Eats algae on live rock and glass
More than one can be kept in the same tank
Perfect for reef tanks

I had heard they were good for the sandbed as well...

They require a LOT of algae so they go where the algae is. Once yours gets some size to it (3") it will stop climbing the glass and rocks and stick to the sandbed.

I have had one in my 90g reef for abought a year now.they will burrow in the sand.not really that good for reefs though.it tends to roam around at night and knock things over.found my pipe organ laying upside down in the sand one morning.also if u hear a loud thud during the night,it is where they will climb up the glass then fall back to the sand.

I have 2 small ones and they're all over the place, the glass, rocks and sand. Mine like to get around...... :)

Back
Top Bottom