conditioner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kathleen55

Aquarium Advice Freak
can i use any conditioner to my saltwater tank? or does it have to be specially made for saltwater? sorry if the is an obvious question i just want to be sure

Is this going to be a reef tank. If it was me I would not mess with tap water. The conditioner does not get rid of ammonia and heavy metals. It just binds the ammonia to make it less lethal but it`s still there. I work for a large water municipality so I know what goes in there. Good for us humans but bad for our reefs.

melosu58 said:
Is this going to be a reef tank. If it was me I would not mess with tap water. The conditioner does not get rid of ammonia and heavy metals. It just binds the ammonia to make it less lethal but it`s still there. I work for a large water municipality so I know what goes in there. Good for us humans but bad for our reefs.

Do you recommend RO/DI water for reefs?

exactly seahorses are really sensitive, you also need to watch out for micro bubbles as they rot them from the inside makign it a painful death for them

Have low flow...no skimmer, ensure return is always plenty submerged to avoid microbubbles. Sea horses like low flow anyways so less flow is better for them :D. But yea, definitely recommend RO/DI water for a sea horse tank.

Back
Top Bottom