Confused

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lovinlil

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone,
I'm new to this site so let me introduce myself. My name is Lil and I have had fish tanks all my life but mostly freshwater tanks. I tried a 60 gal saltwater tank about 2 years ago and for some reason it seemed so time consuming. When I had a 100 gal freshwater tank once you had it a stablished it was so easy. With the saltwater one I could never get the water consistent, I had salt build up on outside of tank all the time, some fish would die here and there etc. I now was givin a 130 gal or so tank and I'm torn on which way to go fresh or salt one is so much easier but the other has so many colorful fish, I want it to be fun not a chore though please help which way do you think is best choice??? :)

First off welcome to AA! Glad you found us here.:welcome:

Well all of us on the Salty side will tell you to go Salt! A reef tank full of corals and fish is in my opinion the coolest looking tank you can have. Some will argue for a planted tank, but it's a personal choice.

Well the good news is that you have a 130g tank. Larger tanks are much much easier to care for than smaller ones. You're going to find it easier to take care of with the extra volume. Also, with that large of a tank, you'll also be able to keep some larger fish (Tangs etc) if you so choose.

It's really up to you. A reef is more expensive to keep (lighting costs mostly). If that's not something you want, you can always go fowlr. A bit easier to do since you don't have to keep your nitrates quite so low.

Good luck and keep us informed on what you plan on doing!

Back
Top Bottom