Confused about my cycle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stlrockguy

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just tested my water and my ammonia, nitrites, and nitrates are at zero. My ammonia never went pass .25. The live rock was from an established but I know there had to been a lot of die off. I also put Dr Tim's Eco balance in it.

It usually takes a week or two to start. How much time has elasped from the start?

1 week. I see algae die off on my rock,it was fully cured but sat for a couple weeks with no circulation and at a temp of 72. the ammonia went up to .25 for a few days but I tested it today and it was back to 0

Could my tank be cycled already. All my reading are still at zero. Ammonia was up to .25 for a few days then nothing. I'm getting small amounts of algae growth on the cured live rock.

There is something wrong with your tests. If you HAD ammonia, but most of it is gone after 1 day, then there has to be either nitrite or nitrate remaining.
As well, the ammonia level should continue to drop. the ammonia eating bacteria don't stop eating while there is still food on the table.

I have about 170# of live rock that was cured but sat in tubes for 2 weeks at room temp and with no power heads. I put 2 chromises in Wednesday to help cycle the tank and they are doing great. Eating good, very active

Back
Top Bottom