confusing readings...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oceanicsublimat

Aquarium Advice Freak
ammo-0-.25
trite- 0
trate- 0-5

I'm confused with ph.. if I look at it up against the color chart on it's side it looks like it lowered a bit to 8.0.. but if I look at it's bottom..it looks more like 8.2

is there an easier way to compare colors? I've been told to look up through the bottom for a more accurate reading.. but on the back of the color card it says compare on the card with the vial on it's side... any suggestions? and if I am reading it right on it's side.. why has my ph lowered and how do I raise it?

I'm having a flurry of new pod hatchings btw... and my shrimp is still decomposing..I had to remove the old one and put this one in last week when my pump went out for a few hours and threw it away so my aquarium would stop stinking up the house.. 8) should I take out the shrimp now and order my new lr tomorrow?

I read that it's because my lights were off and ph is at it's lowest at night because of algae..I have diatom and some coraline...is this correct?

Back
Top Bottom