Connecting a 20G to my Wet Dry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GatorDrew

Aquarium Advice Regular
First and foremost, I want to thank all of you for answering my posts. My 90 FOWLR is my first SW tank, so I just have a ton of questions. I think my LFS is used to seeing me every other day now... LOL.

In any case, I told my LFS that my wetdry is so tight right now with the protein skimmer that everything is vibrating off of each other. He suggested to either get a bigger wetdry filter (which he really didn't recommend, because of cost) or to bring in my wetdry and have them drill it on the side, then drill a 20G and drill that tank on the side. The end result... connecting the 20G to the WetDry to give me a bit more space.

Does that sound like a good idea... or should I just not even bother with the whole idea?

Thanks again guys!

Let me first say that I am by far not an expert. However, if you have room to expand, I would recommend it. Are you running a refugium? If not, you could use the extra space to incorporate one.

I don't have a refugium... and not to sure of what I would put in it. I really don't want another tank that I'd have to clean and take care of at this point. One 90G tank is enough right now... LOL. I may take the 20G tank and put some live rock and stuff in... but as far as anything else...?

I read the article on this site about refugiums... and I'm not even sure what "cultivate plankton or amphipods/copepods" is. Would this be an area where I would put some snails, worms, etc?

As said, this is my first 90G tank... so I'm kinda lost.

Thanks for all your advice!

Back
Top Bottom