Considering a Harlequin Tusk- again....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh man Carey. Those Harelquins are gorgeous fish. Almost pulled the trigger on a baby Indian Harlequin today at the LFS. $45 for a 2" indian. Looked awesome. Still haven't seen an Aussie version in person yet. If it's still there on Friday i think I'm going to get it and nix the yellow belly tang i was thinking of getting.

I'm still unsure what to get. lol

I appreciate everyones opinions though, thanks for all the input!

I think I will either wait for the tang OR get the tusk. So at least I have it narrowed down a bit. lol

About 3 or 4 new fish stores opened around here in the last month so I will take my search on the road and see if anyone can come up with the tang or give me a good price on a Tusk.

I have to admit though, if I saw one for $45 it would be all over, that guy would be in my tank like yesterday. LOL

I will have the white tail bristletooth in a couple weeks. My lfs here can get them. I will pm you the link. Their site isnt very good, but you could call them if you are interested in it.

I have to admit though, if I saw one for $45 it would be all over, that guy would be in my tank like yesterday. LOL

I know, right!? I almost pulled the trigger on it myself. It was an Indian tusk and I really wanted the Aussie version with a bluer striping. They did say that if it had been an Aussie, it would have been $100 instead of $45. An Aussie tusk @ $100.....I'd have definitely taken it.

I love the tusk but,a 90 already stocked up may be tight for one of those JMO...

I don't think I am stocked full yet, what do you think?

1 clown
red coris wrasse
yellow coris wrasse
squirrel fish
flame hawk
hogfish
sixline
engineer goby

There seems to be soo much room, I know I still have the red coris to grow yet and the hogfish.

I love the harlequins but the tang is also awesome butI think you should get the harlequins because it could be MONTHS before the tangs come in at LA but keep checking the small businesses you never know what you might find.

I will keep checking. Thats my first choice of course, the tang. Has been since I set up the tank. lol

If I did add the tusk though I feel that would most likely be my last fish. I just added a blue headed wrasse yesterday so that may well round out my stock.

Thanks everyone!

Back
Top Bottom