Considering a Harlequin Tusk- again....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carey

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well it's been about 6 months and the Tang i want from Liveaquaria STILL has not come back into stock. I am no considering a Tusk for the 90g fish only tank.

The only thing is I can not / will not spend $200 on an australian one, but was considering the indonesians. They have a less vibrant color pattern but are still an awesome fish.

Are there any other differences between the two? Feeding wise, sturdiness or any other issue with getting an indonesian one? I know with corals, liek an elegance coral the auzzie ones are much hardier and have a longer life span than those corals from Indonesia...

Any opinions or thoughts guys? i always appreciate your input so much!

I don't know about this, but do you think they use cyanide in indonesia for fish catching purposes? I thought I read somewhere that it was used.

I know I;ve heard they use that for catching fish, but I wasn't sure if it was a specific locale that used it. I just assumed they did it around the world.

Yeah,

I would be pretty comfortable ordering from a place like LA. I have confidence they wouldn't send out a fish not doing well. :)

Theres a guy who orders fish and sells them dirt cheap near me and has the tusks for like $80 so i was considering it.

I think he would look awesome in the tank and since my fish are now tending towards aggressive he would fit right in. The only fish that isnt aggressive is the little clown fish. I don't think the tusk would eat him though, at least I hope not! I know inverts and things like shrimp are out but I dont plan on adding any to the tank so that shouldnt be an issue.

Theres a guy who orders fish and sells them dirt cheap near me and has the tusks for like $80 so i was considering it.

I think he would look awesome in the tank and since my fish are now tending towards aggressive he would fit right in. The only fish that isnt aggressive is the little clown fish. I don't think the tusk would eat him though, at least I hope not! I know inverts and things like shrimp are out but I dont plan on adding any to the tank so that shouldnt be an issue.

Nice Carey! Those tusks are gorgeous fish! They're on LA for $90. For an extra 10 bucks + shipping, you get the 14 day guarantee. Depends how much you want to spend I guess; but having that piece of mind in nice.

Yeah,

I would be pretty comfortable ordering from a place like LA. I have confidence they wouldn't send out a fish not doing well. :)

Just a little FYI, the only fish\corals that Live Aquaria is directly involved with in regards to specimen selection, breeding, collection, and quarantine are the specimens in their WYSIWYG Diver's Den section. These come from their facility in Wisconsin.

The fish and corals in their "regular" selections are kept and eventually picked out by a major wholesaler in Los Angeles and is shipped by them, using LA branded boxes. Live Aquaria isn't involved with these specimens at all.

Nice Carey! Those tusks are gorgeous fish! They're on LA for $90. For an extra 10 bucks + shipping, you get the 14 day guarantee. Depends how much you want to spend I guess; but having that piece of mind in nice.

Just a little FYI, the only fish\corals that Live Aquaria is directly involved with in regards to specimen selection, breeding, collection, and quarantine are the specimens in their WYSIWYG Diver's Den section. These come from their facility in Wisconsin.

The fish and corals in their "regular" selections are kept and eventually picked out by a major wholesaler in Los Angeles and is shipped by them, using LA branded boxes. Live Aquaria isn't involved with these specimens at all.

I never knew that! Thanks.

Is the wholesaler Exotic Reef Imports?

redsea said:
I never knew that! Thanks.

Is the wholesaler Exotic Reef Imports?

No, it's not them. They're in El Segundo. This wholesaler is in Hawthorne. Can't remember their name.

Well it's been about 6 months and the Tang i want from Liveaquaria STILL has not come back into stock. I am no considering a Tusk for the 90g fish only tank.

Out of curiosity Carey, what Tang were you looking for?

I wanted a white tail bristletooth tang. :-( They look awesome and size wise would fit in perfect. At least if i could get one LOL

carey said:
I wanted a white tail bristletooth tang. :-( They look awesome and size wise would fit in perfect. At least if i could get one LOL

Are there different bristletooth tangs? I see them all the time at my Lfs. But not labeled white tail.

The white tails are red colored, almost kinda like the chevron. There are many different bristle tooth tangs. Tomini is one I have already.

I have 23 shops on the lookout for one but so far nothing. :-( One guy told me that they get ugly as adults but I still would love it. lol

I keep getting the bug to get a tusk, not sure why lol, but I know I want something to round out the 90g. The 6 or 7 fish in there need friends.

I have 23 shops on the lookout for one but so far nothing. :-( One guy told me that they get ugly as adults but I still would love it. lol

I keep getting the bug to get a tusk, not sure why lol, but I know I want something to round out the 90g. The 6 or 7 fish in there need friends.

Wow, I should check around here and see if any shops can order one, and then I can ship it to you! LOL. That is if I could figure out how to ship a fish without killing it. LOL.

I think it will be fine. They're sometimes called gentle giants and aren't really mean at all. The only thing I would think about is that it could outgrow a 90....... You may need a 125.

Yup! I hear you. I want one too. They're like a smaller cheaper version of a chevron. Cool looking fish. Haven't seen one on LA in over a year. I knew I should have purchased it when I saw them go for sale.

As for the Aussie Harlequin, they're on sale on LA this week. $150 vs the $190. Think the sale on them is ending soon though.
Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums: Harlequin Tusk

Back
Top Bottom