Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-04-2003, 02:31 AM   #1

Convert Saltwater tank to Freshwater tank?

Hello,
Do to the financial strains my 75 gallon SW tank is putting on our household budget, I've decided to convert it to a freshwater tank. Does anyone have any suggestions/advice on what I may want to be sure to do so it's a successful transition? (ie: scrubbing the tank or cleaning any of the equipment?)
Thanks,
Craig
Old 12-04-2003, 11:11 AM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
Rinse everything in freshwater. Let it airdry and you should be fine after that.

Hope you can find someone to take the fish, rocks, etc off your hands.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2003, 11:25 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

where do you live in man?

Nm i just seen you live in MN, my mystake
Old 12-04-2003, 02:43 PM   #4

fishfreak,
Just rinsing it once, and you think that should be fine?

Yes, my local pet shop guy handles both SW and FW fish and he's going to do an exchange for all my fish, inverts, and live rock!
Old 12-04-2003, 03:15 PM   #5
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
rinse it all out and let it dry. I dont see a problem with it. If you really want to go to great lenghts you could i guess use a 1:10 bleach solution aswell but make sure your rinse the equipment alot.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 03:17 PM   #6

Thanks fishfreak.
BTW, I did sell the fish and live rock to my LFS for in-store credit towards whatever I need for freshwater!
Craig

Tags
freshwater, freshwater tank, salt, saltwater, saltwater tank, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com