Converting from fresh to salt.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mokrytzki

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 90 gallon setup, drilled tank with 30 gallon sump. I've been running it as a freshwater as I'm not sure what to do with my fish. Hoping to convert to saltwater soon. Can I run a fish only setup with bio balls and gradually add live rock? Is it difficult to maintain with bio balls? The rock is a big expense I'm hoping to do over time. I have been collecting pieces of equipment over time. All I need to get is rock, sand salt and fish lol. I am getting impatient and would like to start the change soon but will be unable to afford live rock anytime soon. I have done a lot of research over the last year and realize the rock is a must. Any advice and opinions would be appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I set up my tank with some pieces of live rock bio balls work well to and you can gradually add dry cured pieces. Your live rock bacteria, algae etc will slowly grow onto your new rock.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Also ask your local Lfs if they will take your fish maybe for credit my old fish are now cleaning fish tanks in schools around the county this is what my Lfs sent them onto....? I like the way that they have been taken to good use!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Thanks for the response.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom