converting over to salt need help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mrkho

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi, i currently have a fluval 404 and 304, on a 46 gallon bow front. and right not its a planted tank, with 40lbs. of eco complete black sand, and i was planning on draining the tank, washing all my filters out, and pulling the plants out to make a fish only salt tank. my question is, would it be possible to keep my eco-complete sand in there? instead of getting the live sand (white) i understand that my PH wont be as high as it should be, but i was also wondering if there are anything i can put in there to buff the PH up, if i can keep the eco-complete sand. i plan on only keeping a puffer in that tank so its going to be simple, i dont really want too many decoration if any. any suggestions?

I would put in a substrate intended for SW. It will lessen future headaches of having to add in order to adjust the pH.

I would take out the FW sand and add some intended for SW. In the long run it will pay off as far as cost of buffers, Etc.

Back
Top Bottom