Cool ideas for 10g nano reef..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SamCurtis07

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've seen many different types of reef, most have a nature look with one center rock mount for the corals. But I've seen people try something else with, aquarium decor such as a sunken ship crashed helicopter or plane with coral on the decor itself... Please give me your ideas and post pics!!!

me personally, I like the live rock look. I feel the decorations are best left to freshwater tanks. But thats only my opinion. :)

Here's a shot of my 4g pico and my 125g

img_1503663_0_4e9a24c9dd5eb23e87601605e8f3a59b.jpg

img_1503663_1_a53da52e23a0201fdfd3dd80fcb89128.jpg

In such a small tank I would concentrate on corals over fish as you can get more coral into a 10g than fish. lol But you do need adequate lighting for the corals. Basic lighting will let you keep the basic easy corals. If you go a bit more $$ you can keep almost anything you'd like. As far as fish, I would limit it to 2 very small ones. I have a tiny clown goby in my 4g and some inverts. Porcelain crabs, pompoms, peppermint shrimp, hermits etc....almost as much fun as fish!

Thats a great light, came with my pico. I was growing basic corals with just one of those in my 4g, but 2 might be better for a 10g. You could keeo zooa;s, leathers and mushrooms for sure with it.

lemme see if I can find another option for ya. :)

I agree with Carey, ornaments are for freshwater I think nothing beats a nice coral tank they are truly stunning, mine isn't set up yet but I spend hours staring at my friends live rock just to spot any new life forms I find it very interesting.

I had zooas out the wazzo, mushrooms, a candycane coral, some xenia which grew so fast I had to move them to a larger tank. Also have a kenya tree leather and a blastomussa frag too. I wouldnt put any sps or anything with a high light requirement though. I added an LED PAR38 bulb and added an acan and a monti frag as well as a tiny torch coral.

here is a link for yet another light

PAR30 Reef Lamp Kit by BoostLED

With that one you could keep most anything int he tank in my opinion. Just a tad pricey.

I have this one currently

CRE Loaded Ecommerce

Sounds like a plan. Just get your feet wet so to speak and go from there.

I;m not sure but that clip on light may not be mountable on a rimmed tank. Just be sure it will fit. My pico is just glass with no rim and it slides right on, not sure if it will accomodate a regular tank if thats what you have.

i can take a picture if you like....

Well sure, here ya go

img_1503992_0_a53da52e23a0201fdfd3dd80fcb89128.jpg

This is with the par38 bulb going.

here is one with the clip on that youre looking at

img_1503992_1_f3e2da0b4acbd7fafae5e1ec9c84a15f.jpg

Exactly the reason I have MTS and am planning my PICO... So many tanks, so little time, money, paitience, room... LOL

Back
Top Bottom