Cool stuff

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

king8808

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok so I got some of this stuff called bio enzyme a yr supply I have been using it for a few yrs and I must say it is awesome I have periodically checked water levels and still very good this stuff reduces water changes up to a yr in ur tank did I mention I love this stuff I change my water once a yr now in my 55 gal tank now

Wait, bio enzyme? What is it supposed to do? I don't think anything can take away from doing water changes. Especially only one a year, surprised you haven't had real issues.

I've seen people online rave about this stuff and swear it keeps parameters at zero. I just wonder how well it works in the long run.

Omg yes it's like 40 bucks but look at how much u would spend on water changes alone and compare this stuff is amazing by all means

Wait, bio enzyme? What is it supposed to do? I don't think anything can take away from doing water changes. Especially only one a year, surprised you haven't had real issues.

You would think Mac but this stuff is no joke I was shaky when I first got it so I kept an I on my levels and through that whole yr my water stayed perfect

I would never put this in one of my reefs, wc's are essential to keeping a stable system IMHO, not just for nutrient export

What about replacing trace elements though. Water changes aren't solely for keeping nitrogen elements In check. We have to maintain calcium, magnesium and all those in line too. I'd pry only use it on a FOWLR.

I agree with bigred. Doing things the old fashion way is tried and proven. 1 year isn't long enough to garner success IMO. Ill keep to my weekly wc

See that's the thing it keeps all that and ur actually putting nutrients in there when u put the tube in there it has it all look it up

What about replacing trace elements though. Water changes aren't solely for keeping nitrogen elements In check. We have to maintain calcium, magnesium and all those in line too. I'd pry only use it on a FOWLR.

It helps with it all of it I did my home work with it my tank 55 gal tank is like a kid and Mac I told u how much I love my kids I mean fake plants and all so I wouldn't do anything to harm them just like I wouldn't my own patients

I kinda look forward to water changes. I get to put my hands in the tank, and make everything better.

Something I learned about that to our oils and hand soaps we use harms the tank also so when u put ur hands in there ur making there environment unstable and unsterile and everything to me has to be sterile lol

Not saying ur way is bad by all means we all do what works but if u ever become a dr like me with three kids with not so much time lol check it out Hun..... Sometimes I wish I had the time like u to do that I envy I in that way Mac

See that's the thing it keeps all that and ur actually putting nutrients in there when u put the tube in there it has it all look it up

So it knows the rate at which your corals use up trace elements? I highly doubt that.

I don't think it replenishes trace elements, calcium, etc. It is biological... sounds a bit like Dr Tim's (which I absolutely stand behind) in that you can cycle with it. You still have to do water changes with Tim's though.

I wanna know what the biological is that gets rid of the nitrates.

If I was 100% certain my 240g wasn't going to have corals, I would almost give it a try and log it all here.

No it has a chemical that will neutralize what it needs to for the tank and then for the corals u have to get the other bio enzyme for that which deals with the live inverts

Not saying ur way is bad by all means we all do what works but if u ever become a dr like me with three kids with not so much time lol check it out Hun..... Sometimes I wish I had the time like u to do that I envy I in that way Mac

I'm a college student, working two jobs. I have no time but still do w.c. I enjoy taking care of my tank just as much as I do looking at it.

Back
Top Bottom