Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-16-2013, 12:42 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Copepods

Where is a good place online to order Copepods? I ordered from Reefs2Go and was not happy with it. Thx!

Old 05-16-2013, 02:12 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Newbie

My coworker recommended GARF.org's Garf Grunge and Garf Grunge Plus for this. I have not yet ordered any, but he said he has used them for years and has always been extremely pleased.

Old 05-16-2013, 02:27 PM   #3
Macro Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

here you go NIKKI
https://www.livecopepods.com/PodShop/
Old 05-16-2013, 06:09 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Activist

I've heard of copepod eggs or something like that and you add some weekly but I don't know what they are called
Old 05-17-2013, 02:43 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

Personally the best way would be to find some fellow reefers in your area and get a bit of macro from them. Most will offer it for free since they trim anyway. IMO reefs2go and pods2go are a huge rip.
Old 05-20-2013, 11:16 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Let me update you on what I've dealt with since ordering pods and amphipods from R2G:

When they came in, upon inspection I noticed very few Copepods and a ton of amphipods. I opened the bags and they smelled terrible but I followed instructions that were given and placed the filter pads in my sump. I noticed that once the amphipods made it to my main tank they were all over my snails. I've had these snails for over a year and have only lost one. A week later I found three empty snail shells and decided to do some research on amphipods. Apparently they are opportunistic little feeders. People have had them eat on corals and I also read where someone else witnessed one crawl into the snails shell and was nibbling it. In addition, dragonet only eat the tiny ones. They typically won't eat the larger (according to what I read from others on the net). My biggest issue is that these things are possibly killing my snails and will nibble on other stuff. I'm actually going to bait them and try to get them out. I was considering a clown goby because I had read they like to eat them and I like the fish. Here is an example thread of someone who has them eating his zoas and clams. If they eat clams then I'm guessing they will eat snails too?

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/32317...-by-amphipods/

I'm mad at myself for not doing more research on them before adding them. By the way, I've seen very few Copepods these days and I did have a decent load prior but was hoping to boost it. Just wanted to let you all know what I discovered.
Old 05-20-2013, 11:17 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Thank you for the information and the links! I'm ordering some Copepods today!!!

Tags
copepods

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com