copepods and amphipods

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

saltcreep1025

Aquarium Advice FINatic
how do i get them? I havent seen any of these in my tank =/

on the other hand, i dont really know what/where/when to look for them

also, i havent seen any worms or anything like that.

thx muchly!

Do you have live rock or introduced any sand from another tank?

How old is your set up?

Cheers
Steve

in my tank.. i see the ampipods at night.. do a little night diving like everyone suggests... and the copepods.. i see it swimming on the tank wall anytime, day or night.. small little white dots just moving about...

yea, ive got about 10 lbs of LR from 2 different stores. no sand from an est. tank though. its been setup fer about 6 weeks now.

what do ampipodes look like?

Although the tank is still young yet, there should be some in there. As sokhamik suggested, try checking at night after the lights have been off awhile. Just use a flashlight with a red lense/filter.

Here are the critters you are looking for. Copepods, Amphipods

Cheers
Steve

wow those look really neat =)

ill have to get a red filter for my flashlight and check at night.

do have some happy news though... i saw some snail babies today!!! yay go snails.

thx again guys

I don't wish to open a new thread to waste, so I "pump" this thread up again.

Hmm... I feel my Mandarin fish is getting thinner, It maybe my tank is not enough "copepods and amphipods" feed them.

My tank have live sand (4kg) and live rock (5kg) in 2 feet tank for the moment.

I wish any one know how to increase the "copepods and amphipods"?

Thanks

Check the sponge pre-filters. Mine usually have a lot of pods. I've heard some that clean the filters and get the bugs to dump into the tanks for fish food.

Does anyone else see the banner at the end of Andersen's message? It says "you are 'some long number' and your ISP is 'such and such'. You are runnig windows 2000 and using IE 5". One mesage says " I know who you are, so play nice, another says "how are you last night" I don't know much about computers but...

Andersen, that makes me nervous. Pls stop those. I'll send you a PM also.

Thank you.

its just a script that can read your IP address. They are around the net everywhere. Its no biggie, this site can see your IP address.

The script does not give your IP address to anyone else, it just shows it to you. It's not a security breach, it's just for fun. I used it for a while.

Back
Top Bottom