Copperbanded butterfly not eating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Whitegurl84

Aquarium Advice Regular
I Am having trouble getting my butterfly fish to eat I have tried several different things but he seems to not want any of it. If any one has any advised please give me some.

Not 100% on this, but I would try some live foods, like Brine Shrimp. Another thing to try is clam on a half-shell. Not 100% on this either, but I hear it works well for some fish. Good luck!:)

they are very hard to get eating in captivity. another fish that should be left in the ocean. enriched brine may help.

I tried several different types and he still refused to eat. There were no visible signs that something else could be making him sick. He was dead this morning so another fish down. If he was sick he had to come the pet store like that because so did my tang. Don't think I'm going back there to get my fish.

You have to consider most fish are caught using a poison there are a lot of write ups online about the after effects. Certain animals should be left out on the reef because we don't know what types of foods they have to have they will eat but still starve because their bodies don't use the food effective enough to survive long term.

When looking for a new fish I research and find out if anyone has had long term success with them. I want a bangii but from what I have found out the tank bred ones are easy and live for years wild caught will die without any known cause. Hopefully I will find some tank bred ones they will cost more but in the long run they will probably live a lot longer.

Back
Top Bottom