coral?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

w|z

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
my tank is really to stock up. i was wondering when can i put the coral in it? it's a newly set up tank and it's been a month. no fish but only LR.

If your amm and nitrite are at zero, and if you have already done the post-cycle water change, then go ahead and start. Go slow and get the easier ones first to get a feel for it(shrooms, zoos, polyps) then have fun. Keep an eye on the nitrates and do a water change preferrably every week but at least every 2 weeks. Don't add too much at once and make sure you leave room for growth,especially between different species. And make sure you research every purchase BEFORE you buy it.

I agree, and i only do water changes every 2 weeks, and my corals do fine. I only had to do more frequent ones because my ph was through the roof due to an imbalance in the lfs water. Make sure you have enough watts per gallon in your tank. to determine that, divide the total gallons of the tank by the current watts in your lights. an ideal number is anything between 3 for low light corals to 5 for high light corals. But id say just resaerch it. Corals dont do much on bio-load, so if you have a reaserched plan for your corals, and you know your water parameters are perfect, you can go ahead and add more every couple of days (as long as you dont over-do it).

From a fellow coral novice
-Trent

Back
Top Bottom