Coral advice ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Soto413

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm thinking about adding some coral to Saltwater Tank it's a 50-55 (really not sure) anyways I was just wondering if there is any advice any one can give on coral & all the things I should or need to buy to maintain it correctly. I know I need t buy certain igniting for them anything else would be great. Thanks

Igniting? Yes. Illumination should be at a photosynthetic level. the dissolved solids in the water column should be near zero.
Will you be keeping Scleractinians?

Last edited:
I know..just busting on you. There are sticky threads at the beginning of the forums with very good start up advice in them.
meanwhile, what are you intentions? Do you wish to have a diverse reef? would you like the most demanding corals, as well as easier to keep stuff? if so, yes- you need strong lighting and excellent water parameters.

Well my tank is fairly new & I want to keep it simple & try corals that are easiest to maintain for myself ... Some people are saying I need a protein skimmer and so on I'm just trying to find out what exactly I need to buy before buying corals

What are we dealing with? What size tank? how much rock? Power heads? What is your water change regimen?
Lighting?

I have a 50-55 gallon tank not sure , with a 700 & 900 powerhead (I personally think its to much) and I have 30lbs live rock I plan in buying 20 more next week & for the cleaning I really can't tell you my husband does all the maintaining of the tank ...

Ok. you need stronger lighting for corals. what corals do you intend to keep? As for the size of the tank, simply measure it and post the results.
Do not add large amounts of live rock to an already cycled tank. Is this tank cycled yet?

Back
Top Bottom