Coral banded shrimp?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nu-Nu the eel

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello everyone i was wondering if a coral banded shrimp would be okay with peppermint shrimp and cleaner shrimp as well as a non agressive pistol shrimp like the tiger pistol. I would love to hear both failed and sucessful stories!

Thanks! :)

I have a coral banded shrimp and I won't put another shrimp or crab in the tank with it. I would like to get it and put it in my junk tank so I can have some peppermint shrimp in the tank instead of him.

Oooh so hes not worth it? Dang i would really like a nice coral banded shrimp!! Lol, thanks for the input! I appreciate it!

I had my coral banded and he ended up dying. I was aware that he didn't do well with other shrimp, but wasn't aware about crabs. He killed my anemone crab. I liked that crab much more than I did him.

Not even the purple or yellow smaller ones? They look like they coudn't hurt anything.

P.S. - didja see it kill a cleaner shrimp? If not, I'd bet he was only eating a dead body and didn't kill him at all.

I have a CBS, Anemone Crab, Peppermint Shrimps, Cleaner Shrimp, Emerald Crabs, and a decorator crab in a 150g 5ft tank. None of them mess with each other. During the day my CBS hangs out upside down under a rock. At night he roams the entire tank. Doesn't mess with my fish or go after anything else. I've watched him a few times park himself directly on top of my lawnmower blenny a few times. Usually the blenny puts up with it for a couple of minutes, then bites at him and chases him away.

everyone has a story about a CBS,be it good or bad..Mine is bad..He was a mean SOB...chased fish,ripped their fins and just harassed them..I'm sure it would have killed another shrimp if i had one..Then i got a trigger

Back
Top Bottom