Coral Banded Shrimp molted.....so soon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marc118

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ive had it for about two week and it already molted? Do they usually grow this fast?

it is common for shrimp to molt when taken home from the pet store their is usually more hiding spaces for them to hide

How big did yours get? Did you ever get to see it molt?

Thanks for the fast replies.

Mine was about 3.5 to 4 inches when I last saw it. It was a monster. Occasionaly took a swing at my clownfish but never got a chunk out. I swear it cleaned me out of bristleworms and a troublesome fireworm I had.

Never got to see it molt, no. They usually do it at night and then hide fairly well for a few hours/days.

I did get to see a few of my hermits molt a few times, and change shells. That was pretty cool. :)

Yea he has taken a few snaps at my coral beauty, clipped the top fin, but its healing nicely.

my coral banded shrimp molted within the first week of getting him. since then he molts about every 3-5 weeks. he starts looking a bit dirty when he is about to molt... and then you wake up in the morning and he is all clean again and there's his molted skin in the corner somewhere!
he also tries to catch my clownfish.. by like lunging at them. but sometimes he has them cornered and never hurts them, i think he is just trying to show his dominance. the clownfish arent scared of him though. coral banded shrimp are very entertaining to watch!

Back
Top Bottom