Coral Beauties

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pisces3473

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've been reading that Coral Beauties can/will eat my corals. I've read if it doesn't happen sooner it will happen later and it's a mater of time. Anybody heard or seen this for them selves. The reviews are numerous so I just thought I'd ask for some thoughts and opinions. I'm just starting my 40b from 10g and have about 40-50 lbs or LR half of it from my old tank.

The thing is about them is they like to pick at the rocks constantly looking for morsels of food. I've had a few and they all seemed to pick especially at zoos or around them just enough to bother them. I have a potters angel right now which is just about the same as a cb and he is picking around some zoos and loves ripping polyps of my yellow gorgonia. But never really eats any coral. This is just my experience with them. Good luck.

Mine was a perfect citizen for 4 years before he went balistic and nearly wrecked my tank.

I'm into the fish they're great, but I like the corals too. I would pretty unhappy if a fish messed up my corals. Maybe I will skip on the CB...

Last edited by a moderator:
I have had both coral beauty's and flame angel's in reef tanks
never had a issue with them munching on coral
yes they naturally nip at rock and at times it may seem they are nipping at coral but 99% of the time there just nipping on the left over food around the coral IMO they are reef safe

Back
Top Bottom