coral beauty and flame angel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aamick1971

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hello,
i have a 29 gal.sw tank with 60pds of lr,i already have a coral beauty in the tank, i want a flame angel also.i will remove my yellow tail damsels and my two green chromis if they will get alone. also i have a yellow tang and a percula clown.also planing on building a 75 gal reef tank with all of the above will be transferred to it. i have the tank just need to get my stand and canopy finish.
allen

a coral beauty, 2 yellow tail damsels, 2 green chromis, yellow tang and a percula clown all in a 29gal?? am i reading this right..? if this is right ur a "little" overstocked"

or do u just have a coral beauty the 2 damsels and chromis in the 29gal?
if this is right i wouldnt add anything until u get the 75gal then i believe the tang, clown and flame could be added if u work the rock and provide plenty of hiding space..

I dont know if a coral beauty and flame will get along in a 29. I had problems in my55 with them years ago

I would keep the damsels to cycle your new tank once it's redy. After that, you can transfer your other items to the 75 and keep the 29 for a QT. That is a lot of fish for a 29 gallon tank, though.

I wouldn't have those two in anything other than a very large system. They're known fighters with each other and won't likely play nice together. Best to stick to one or the other.

dwarf angel + dwarf angel = one dead dwarf angel + one slightly alive angel

...unless you have a significantly larger tank...

(Or are lucky)

i had bought the green chromis and yellow damsels to cycle the tank.i wanted to get rid of them after the tank was cycled,but my wife would have no part of it. since then i have made her read a sw book she now realizes that you can't over stock a tank like you can fw.weather or not i get the flame angel or not i know the others have got to go.that will still leave me with a tang, coral beauty,and a clown.all of my test are still good.this is still with all these fish in this 29 gal. tank.

ammonia .4ppm
nitrate .0ppm
nitrite .0ppm
ph 8.3
kh 214.8ppm
ca 420.0ppm

my system contains an emperor 400, 2 hydor350's,and a seaclone150 protein skimmer. i also do a 20% water change each week with ro saltwater.

Incidently I would not use the damsels to cycle your big tank. Its not fair to them. Most damsels die or are put in destressing situations. Those that survive are usually meaner. Try cycling your tank with a small piece of shrimp or something similar.

I would say one med size piece of shrimp from your local seafood market. Others may differ but I think that would do. Are you going to a refuge this time or wet dry.

Back
Top Bottom