Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-20-2005, 06:11 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykpoz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenden
When I have had problems in the past with fish eating in QT I will mix some frozen cyclopeeze with mysis or brine and they usually can not resist. Plan on water change afterwards as the cyclopeeze can foul water if to much is used. Add selcon or similar HTH
i cant resist it either.... yummy stuff... no really i agree, no fish has passed up on my cyclop-eeze
Where do I get this stuff? Never seen it before.

Old 12-20-2005, 06:52 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

I got it at the LFS. liveaquaria and marinedepot carry it but you will pay a premium for overnight shipping. I would just call all the local places and ask if they have it.

Old 12-20-2005, 08:42 PM   #13
steve-s

Try what's mentioned above plus add some vitamin B12 to the water (vita chem or Zoe). You'd be amazed what that can do. Lowering salinity towards hypo levels (16 ppt) can also help as it alleviates shipping stress and helps the fish regain osmotic balance. You may as well just do the treatment to be on the safe side anyway.

Keep stress factors to a minimum. No overhead light. Plenty of places for the fish to hide. Low ambient room light and reduced "passby" traffic. Avoid the urge to alway be looking in the tank and so on. The more you can do in that direction, the faster the fish will settle in.

Cheers
Steve
Old 12-21-2005, 09:45 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak

you can get freeze dried cyclop-eeze (it is what i use) and the fish still love it... i just let it soak with the food for a good 20-30 min or longer when using selcon... also makes a nice liquid to shoot at some of your corals
75g w/ 30g sump, 160# LR, 60# sand: Inverts =18 turbos, 30 nassirus's, 40 blue leg's, 5 emeralds, 1 CBS, 1 skunk cleaner, 1 brown gulf shrimp? and various other LR hitch hikers yet un discovered or un-ID'ed
Fish=1 yellow tang, 1 yellow headed jawfish, 1 pink/blue shrimpgoby, 2 perc clowns.
Future fish = 1 sixline, 1 lawnmower blenny
mykpoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 01:51 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Activist

Update:

I've noticed the fish has lost some color, particulary on top of his head. He's not completly pale, but he's not deep purple like he used to be either. He's been in low light and in good water conditions.

Could this be attributed to not eating?
Old 12-22-2005, 10:26 AM   #16
steve-s

Yes, as could water quality and stress.

Have you begun any treatment and what are the exact water quality numbers including pH?

Cheers
Steve
Old 12-22-2005, 12:04 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Activist

He has been in QT since Sunday running Coppersafe. I put him back in the main tank last night because I was afraid he wouldn't last much longer in QT, so he could eat off the rocks, and because there wasn't any visible ick on him. He seems to be doing better and color has improved along his back, but his head area has came back fully yet. I'm keeping on eye on him and so far so good.
Old 12-23-2005, 10:23 AM   #18
steve-s

Moving the fish back to the main was not the best idea. As for the color loss, the copper was most likely the culprit. Angels like this do not tolerate it that well and you should really try to use Cupramine when copper is necessary for these types of sensitive species. As I suggested above, hyposalinity is the treatment of choice for this type of ailment and specifically for this species.

Cheers
Steve
Old 12-23-2005, 03:01 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Activist

Thanks for your opinion steve-s. I do appreciate it.

The angel, after being in the main tank for 2 days now, is looking 100% better. All color has been restored and it's been picking at the rocks like mad. I still haven't seen the angel actually "eat" yet, but at least I know it's getting some nutrition off the rocks. No sign of ick has showed up yet, but if it does, I'll definitaly try the hyposalinity treatment.

Thanks

Tags
coral, coral beauty, ich

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com