Coral dosing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bugarte1

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey everyone I have a 29 gallon tank. Live stock in tank are -

One candy cane with 3 heads
A small frag of green star polyps
Small frag of Zoanthid with 5 heads
And a small frag of pulsating xenias

Should I be dosing anything in the tank or feeding them anything ? Trying to speed up the growth any information would help

Thanks

You shouldn't need to feed anything provided you have adequate lighting. Just keep up with your partial water changes to replenish the trace elements and you should be good to go.

Exactly as was stated above. You need to have a heavily stocked tank of SPS to consider dosing anything in terms of growth, as this is mostly for LPS and SPS coral that build a calcium based skeleton...but soft corals do consume things such as alk. The soft corals you have are generally fast growers. They are so fast at times that I like to recommend isolating them on a rock i the sandbed. GSP can turn into a huge mat of grass over the tank. The xenia, once large, will drop small branches to reproduce in a similar manner as kenya trees do. Zoas are also fast growers at times, it depends of the variety at times. Your candy cane will be the slowest grower as it is a LPS coral and needs to build the skeleton as stated above.

Back
Top Bottom