Coral Farming

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Skimmer wise I don't think brs carries anything larger then 800 gallons and 2' tall so I would need 2-3 of those maybe.... There won't be any fish so I'm thinking I can get away with the low end with no issues at all. As for external pumps I'm looking at the reeflo barracuda/hammerhead hybrid 6000/4590 external pumps right now to be the heart of the system. Maybe one per spillway and one for all the frag tanks.

I probably will utilize an algae scrubber but I found a 62" skimmer rated up to 3000 gallons for $2216 that I will be using to skim the spillways. For the frag tanks ill just be getting a bubble maggus skimmer more then likely since it'll only be about 250 gallons.

If you need any employees down the road Im open ;)

And I'll definitely be interested in placing an order! I hope everything goes well for you; I'm very excited to be seeing this happen.

To be honest we probably won't even have the money to pay ourselves for the first few months with paying back loans and investors and a payroll wouldn't even be possible til roughly 18 months for anyone but ourselves lol.. hopefully though my 5-7 yr plan is have a crew run it and we just pop in to make sure everything is still running ok lol.

Jeremy S. said:
Yea I know it'd take a very long time I was mostly joking :)

Ya I know lol just thought I'd put it out there that this is by no means a get rich quick plan but will be like most other start up businesses. On the other hand we will need employees eventually hopefully so ill either have to have someone relocate or I'd have to train someone cause the reefing community in my area is very very small sadly which is why a website and eBay will be our main sales.

Also don't forget to take your corals to local frag swaps to advertise for the shop if people let you.

Coel said:
Also don't forget to take your corals to local frag swaps to advertise for the shop if people let you.

Nothing really local for me lol

Wow! This sounds great! I'm looking to do almost the same thing in freshwater with fish only I don't believe I need a store yet lol.

Building shopping right now tryin to find something that would be perfect for us. Been pretty slow with the holidays coming though

Ya I just did some major fragging last night lol fragged up my pipe organ 2 birdsnests and a Galaxea

If you still dont know about the lighting I heard that some LED floodlights from ebay work well. Im pretty sure there is a thread about it somewhere. Thatd help keep the cost of running the lights and having to change bulbs down and lower overheating issues.

Back
Top Bottom