Coral food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A good quality lighting system ;). What type of coral are you referring to? Different corals can handle different sized foods

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thank you, but I am referring to food other than light. Live, phyto, copes, blend, etc. I have a birds, acro, shrooms, leather, hammer, duncan, acan, great star, cups, pavonia, xenia, zoas, and trumpet.

You don't need any of that stuff if you have fish in the tank. They put ample nutrients in the water when you feed them. I'm with Red. Good lighting and parameters and your corals should look marvelous.

The vast majority of corals are photosynthetic. They gather most of their energy from the lights over your tank. The rest they get from regular water changes and fish excrement.

Now, would it be a good idea to introduce live pods to my tank and then put some phytoplankton in the tank once a week?

It doesn't matter unless you have something that eats pods. Phytoplankton quickly fouls water, so be careful using it. I personally don't think you need it. Again, feed the fish and everything else will be fine.

Back
Top Bottom