Coral help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Richy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I got my first corals yesterday two mushrooms but they seem to be moving of the rock they came on I've got led lights and flow is not directly on them

So do corals tend to move then are they trying to find a better place in tank

Mushrooms will keep moving untill settled on rock or in the place they want to be get a small tuperware tub few bits of rubble or small peices of rock put the mushrooms in too elastic band a net over the top place in tank in gentle flow and they should attach after a few days to a week then place them were you want them... Always worked for me and i now have a colony

Attachments

• image-2868875947.jpg
    image-2868875947.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 86
Thanks for the help with my corals I just thoute there was something badly wrong

Mushrooms are not true corals. They are corralimorphs, somewhere between coral and anemone. Like anemones, mushrooms can and will move. It is perfectly normal. They also move when reproducing assexually. They bud off a small portion and the main and child mushroom will move apart. This is normal for them, but not for true corals.

Back
Top Bottom