Coral help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Voshon247

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello guys Iam looking for some advice on coral help. On Thursday most likely I will revive a shipment of 1 white Yuma mushroom poylp, neon assorted zooanthids, some jasmine polyps, a umbrella mushroom poylp and lastly a mystery coral( it's a random coral there giving to me for free) I wouldn't like to lose any corals and my lighting watts is about 96 or 110 I believe on a 30g regular and I will also upgrade later on this summer or a fall 2 a 90g.

What I know about the Yuma is there very sensitive to light because I lost 3 ricordea to lighting I will try to put it in a shady area and let in get a custom.

I have never kept and umbrella mushroom poylp
And I have never kept any zooanthids so Iam pretty much a noob or beginner. I do have a power head and live rocks that is setup from bottom to top do if movement is needed I can.

But any advice would be gladly appreciated.

As long as you acclimate them to your lighting you'll be fine. Those softies are pretty easy to take care of imo.

When u say acclimate to light should i put all of them in the shade then slowly bring then out into the light

But would anyone know how to protect against brown jelly disease seems pretty scary

You didn't buy any corals that commonly get brown jelly disease. They believe it to be a bacterial infection, so a Lugols (iodine) dip would be a big help.

You didn't buy any corals that commonly get brown jelly disease. They believe it to be a bacterial infection, so a Lugols (iodine) dip would be a big help.

Alright I will check it out because its always good to know

I just got the coral and there looking great and I have seen the mystery coral and all I can say its it looks amazing but I never seen anything like that before

image-1007872033.jpg

image-2227998197.jpg

These are the best pic u can get so far of the mystery coral I will post more later but any clues

Better pic

image-3167048505.jpg

[

Back
Top Bottom