Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-25-2003, 05:46 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

coral list

con someone give me a coral compatability list? what corals can go together w/ out stinging and so on... also. i found a site...roesmarineworld.com. the corals are very inexpensive. are the legit? thanks!
katrina

Old 05-25-2003, 07:00 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

Corals of the same species usually won't sting each other sometime the same genus, beyond that a list of campatibility is fairly impossible. Most coral aggression can be overcome with proper placement and tank size. Chemical aggression can be overcome with the use of GAC. Provided I have the room and can place them so they can't reach each other, there aren't any corals I would hesitate to put in the same tank.
I have no idea on the website, I have never dealt with them, the prices look decent, but not outrageously inexpensive. If you give them a try, let us know how it went.

Visit Nature Coast Photography
reefrunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2003, 09:07 PM   #3
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to loganj
I agree...some corals can live happily side by side...almost touching. Some need lots of space. It's best to decide what corals you'd like to keep and research them on an individual basis. If you're just starting out keeping corals, I'd recommend the easier to keep softies at first. Mushrooms, ricordia, colt, finger leather, zoanthids, ect... They have less stringent requirements and are cheaper. The SPS corals have higher light requirements, are more sensitive to water quality, and cost considerably more (usually).
Old 05-25-2003, 10:24 PM   #4
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
Another great reference on corals is the book Aquarium Corals. You can find a description listed in our library. http://www.aquariumadvice.com/library.php

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coral

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com