coral list

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

klg1824

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
con someone give me a coral compatability list? what corals can go together w/ out stinging and so on... also. i found a site...roesmarineworld.com. the corals are very inexpensive. are the legit? thanks!
katrina

Corals of the same species usually won't sting each other sometime the same genus, beyond that a list of campatibility is fairly impossible. Most coral aggression can be overcome with proper placement and tank size. Chemical aggression can be overcome with the use of GAC. Provided I have the room and can place them so they can't reach each other, there aren't any corals I would hesitate to put in the same tank.
I have no idea on the website, I have never dealt with them, the prices look decent, but not outrageously inexpensive. If you give them a try, let us know how it went.

I agree...some corals can live happily side by side...almost touching. Some need lots of space. It's best to decide what corals you'd like to keep and research them on an individual basis. If you're just starting out keeping corals, I'd recommend the easier to keep softies at first. Mushrooms, ricordia, colt, finger leather, zoanthids, ect... They have less stringent requirements and are cheaper. The SPS corals have higher light requirements, are more sensitive to water quality, and cost considerably more (usually).

Back
Top Bottom