Coral question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bosnianblood69

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was wondering why my fox coral is shivering up? Could it be because i put it in a higher flow area and it dosent like it? Or my cal and alk are low?

I was wondering why my fox coral is shivering up? Could it be because i put it in a higher flow area and it dosent like it? Or my cal and alk are low?

You would need to give tank size, you flow for example: power heads flow rating. What type of lighting and your parameters and salinity. Pics would help also.

I moved it to a less flow area and its back to normal so it was to much flow

So this is what my coral looks like and i did a test on everything today so here are the numbers
Alk-12
Cal-700
Phosphate-0
Nitrate-0
Nitrite-0
Ph-8.2
Ammonia-0
So why would my coral be shivering up?

image-3144194765.jpg

Something pissed it off. Give it a little time and don't keep moving it around. Give it time to settle in. If it still looks the same after a week or two then move it.

Have you tested your silicate levels? Are you using RO/DI water? You can still have algae with a 0 reading of phopahtes. I'm not an expert but something about nitrates and phopahtes being "locked" up and causing the issue.

Don't quote me on it. I thought I read that somewhere.

Your algae can be consuming the phosphates giving you a false reading and its contributing to its growth.

If calcium slowly moved up to 700 then it shouldn't have caused stress. In fact the pumps and equipment are likely the only things suffering from those elevated levels. But I read a report that said in tank tests, corals did not grow any better when calcium exceeded the mid 400's

Back
Top Bottom