Coral questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
+1 to what Mr X says.

Yes that light will support corals, I even have some SPS Montipora doing great under mine. BUT at $25 per bulb and a full bulb set replacement every year or less, you're better off with the 2 led fixtures he linked. You won't save much for the T5 and they will even cost more once you replace the bulbs , which you will have to do if it's a used fixture.
Truthfully I would even sell you my 4 bulb T5HO fixture with 6 month old Geissmann bulbs for $150. That way the wife won't say anything when I buy the 2 led units he linked.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422574344.800215.jpg

Hello I have yet another question how many of these would I have to by for them to keep some corals? Would it have to be like 20 or could it be less or way less

Hello please scratch that last question I want to ask instead about Build My LED and does anyone have experience with these? Will one work well with my 55? So please get back with as much info on this as can

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422813495.745437.jpg

How many of these would I need for a 55 gallon to properly light it and keep soft corals and LPS corals

Ok anyone else

Acualy can anyone suggest a decent led fixture that can keep what I want and not go over or at least to much over 200 dollars

Ok now I need a little info on hoods should I just not have a hood or just a mesh one but how much will this increase evaporation. Or should I invest in a glass hood

Back
Top Bottom