Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-15-2013, 01:28 AM   #11

bumpp

How should i clean these rocks? how much live rock vs base rock?
29g bio cube

Old 10-15-2013, 04:06 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo8 View Post
bumpp

How should i clean these rocks? how much live rock vs base rock?
29g bio cube
If you're asking about the coral skeletons, you can soak them in a bucket of rodi water with a PH. You can also brush the rock if you'd like to remove any junk off of it. From the picture, the rock looks like it's been already bleached and ready to go provided the bleach has been washed off etc.

As for live rock vs base rock, it's all up to you and your wallet. You can potentially skip the cycling process by using all or mostly live rock, but all base rock will eventually become live over time.

Old 10-15-2013, 04:36 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaRick View Post

If you're asking about the coral skeletons, you can soak them in a bucket of rodi water with a PH. You can also brush the rock if you'd like to remove any junk off of it. From the picture, the rock looks like it's been already bleached and ready to go provided the bleach has been washed off etc.

As for live rock vs base rock, it's all up to you and your wallet. You can potentially skip the cycling process by using all or mostly live rock, but all base rock will eventually become live over time.
Yes siirree bob...I bleached that rock I showed for my 60g. Cichlid tank...it ended up being an extra..but you don't think I'll have problems with phosphates..or whatever else? I can get tons of this stuff by the beach by me..they use it for filler along aide of bridges or where they don't want you to use the beach as the beach. Lol
Old 10-15-2013, 04:41 PM   #14

BTW I'm picking up around 25 lbs of live Fiji tomorrow or the next day..so should I no even bother with the skeleton. Do the pros outweigh the cons? Its not exactly about me being cheap either. I just love the way the skeleton looks and there's ample of it for the taking in my area..so would say 15 lbs of it be worth putting in my tank of I'm already putting in 25-30 lbs of LR
Old 10-15-2013, 06:20 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to mr_X
It's totally up to you. Live rock is made out of coral skeletons anyway. There is no pros or cons, except for spending money. You could completely skip the live rock (because what you have there will be live rock in a short time anyway), or completely skip the coral skeletons.
Old 10-15-2013, 08:48 PM   #16

What can I use to glue my rocks together and make nice structure/cave? JB water weld?
Old 10-16-2013, 08:12 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to mr_X
Yes, you could use that.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com