Coral to choose

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheGrapeApe

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well since my catastrophe my new tank is up and running and all I have left is one blenny. So begins the debate more fish or coral?????

Which coral should I start with? I want something easy and hardy I've never had coral before

I just started with corals a couple months ago, my first was an orange mushroom. I then got a second mushroom and a Xenia colony. They are all 3 doing great. What kind of lighting do you have/planning to get?

Zoanthids, palythoa, green star polyps, mushrooms, Kenya tree, and pulsing xenia are all very good beginner corals.

Zoanthids, palythoa, green star polyps, mushrooms, Kenya tree, and pulsing xenia are all very good beginner corals.

Agreed. If you keep pristine water and have proper lighting, those are almost bulletproof. I started my little reef a couple months ago and have a few Zoas/ Palys, four different mushrooms, star polyps but also have two favias, a green Monti cap, a hammer and a Jedi mind trick. The later are doing great, with no special care. I'm holding off on SPS for a while though.

Agree with all of the above just remember the the Xenia will spread fast under good conditions so get a small piece

Agree with all of the above just remember the the Xenia will spread fast under good conditions so get a small piece

The kenya tree too. Mine hit critical mass and started dropping arms. Now I have around 12 of them. Time to start giving them away!

Any of the euphyllia are good starter lps corals if your feeling gutsy haha. I like green sinularia over Kenya tree as it looks similar but is green an doesn't infest the whole tank

Back
Top Bottom