Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 01-29-2014, 10:28 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak
Coralife BioCube 29 Chamber Setup

So I ordered my BioCube tonight, it should be here in two days. After reading reviews on skimmers and shtuff....I decided I'm not as lazy and willing to do water changes...so my filtration setup:

Chamber I: Heater
Chamber II: inTank BioCube Media Basket with water director (the cut version because I thought I'd get a Tunze 9002...but decided it's too much to mess with had so many 50/50 reviews...) + floss, Purigen, Chemi Pure Elite (decided to use both)/
Coralife/Oceanic BioCube Mini Skimmer

Chamber III: Original Return pump (not sure if I want to upgrade this or even the lighting for the whole tank.......kinda want corals.)

Here's a diagram: (*see attachment)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	filter setup.png
Views:	1107
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	219642  

sharkiegirl94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 03:41 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist
Good luck! I'd love to see pictures. All of this filtration stuff is confusing. What's filter floss?

Katy410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 05:16 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak
looks like a good set up! i have a biocube 29 and my first chamber is my skimmer the second is rubble rock, chaeto, and a filter pad (polyester bedding). and the third is my heater and pump. i would suggest upgrading the return line, it makes a big difference. Also they make LED strips that put out about 9W each. three of them between your lights and youll be good for most corals.
fishybuisness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 02:31 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Activist

Sent from my LG-P769 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
tanker99 is offline   Reply With Quote

bio, biocube, coral, coralife, cube, setup

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com