Coralife lunar aqualife t5 fixture

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mastertrcky

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
SAw one on craigslist and its a great price. Im looking to upgrade so that i can start to get some corals in my 55. Right now i have an aqueon LED modular fixture and i read its only comparable to t8. Has anyone had experience with this coralife fixture? Its the four bulb one.

Coralife stuff is ok. Not great, but ok for the price. If you're unhappy with the one you have and you think this would give you a lot more light, I'd probably jump on it if the price is right.

Be sure to ask the seller how old the bulbs are, and factor in that additional cost if you need to replace them. Bulb replacements can make a cheap light fixture suddenly not look so cheap! ;)

I had one of these units on my 36 and it was trash. I went sell it since I dont want anyone else to user it. It was an of unit as it was sized to only use there bulbs. If stay away from it imo.

I thought it was the Odyssea stuff that had different sized bulbs? I know people with Coralife T5s and have never heard them say anything about using proprietary bulbs.

The seller said the fixture itself is about a year old and the bulbs are 3 months old.

I have the coralife 4bulb fixture 30 inch for my 20gal. long and can only get bulbs for it from coralife. No one else makes bulbs to fit it. I've checked everywhere!!!

That must be irritating to say the least. Thanks for setting me straight, you guys.

I've not used coralife but I did open up an odyssea 3x54 last week and put a bulb out of a t5ho grow light into it. This particular fixture has floating endcaps so it'd probably take a slightly smaller /larger bulb, although the ones that came out of it are standard afaik. I have heard that about odyssea fixtures also.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom