Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-09-2006, 04:20 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to Joester2k3 Send a message via Yahoo to Joester2k3
The pump itself is huge lol

Old 03-10-2006, 11:46 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Activist

The CSS65 comes with a rio 1100.. fine pump for the application.

Have questions about satellite tv? Visit us at http://www.dbstalk.com
neilster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 11:02 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak

Did you get this problem solved, joester? I had the same problem you were having once I raised the water level. The water was overflowing the diffuser box, and the microbubbles were escaping into my aquarium...I did not appreciate it!!!

I took a variety of steps to correct the problem, unfortunately I did them all at once, so I'm not sure if it was the combination of the steps or one in specific that corrected the problem. Here's what I did:

1) On the back of the diffuser box, I put the latch designed for the sump instead of the hang on back latch...for some stupid reason, this allowed me to get the diffuser box stable, level and a few centimeters higher.

2) I took the diffuser box off and completely rinsed the sponges to make sure the problem was not clogged sponges.

3) I turned the red knob at the top right, so that it dropped the water level in the chamber, and then turned the black dial right above the pump UP to pump more water in. I noticed after I did this that the actual "wand" that creates the bubbles was forcing ALL the microbubbles straight up at a higher speed, and no bubbles were floating down and into the output.

So anyway, those were the steps I took and it corrected the problem. I also noticed after these steps that the skimming improved. I hope that helps!

46 Gallon (Saltwater): 60 pounds Lalo Live Rock, 60 pounds aragonite sand, 1 Coral Beauty Angelfish, 1 Peppermint Shrimp, 1 Mushroom Coral, 1 Emerald Crab, various snails and hermit crabs.

10 Gallon (Saltwater quarantine):
pkremer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 09:36 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Regular

I had the same problem with the micro bubbles and was able to solve it by just raising the foam pad up a little out of the diffuser box, keep it (foam pad) as high above the water line as possible. Good luck Boy i love this site.
Old 03-14-2006, 05:10 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Freak

Alright ill have to try these things this weekend
Old 03-16-2006, 03:29 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Freak

GRRR!!! I am superlatively annoyed right now!!! I unplugged my skimmer to aquascape my rock. I got my rock all perfect, and then plugged the skimmer back in! The bubbles are now going down and getting sucked into the tank again!!! I have tried every suggestion, did exactly what I did last time, and this time lifted the sponge out higher, and nothing is working!!!

How absolutely irritating!!!!

Paul

46 Gallon (Saltwater): 60 pounds Lalo Live Rock, 60 pounds aragonite sand, 1 Coral Beauty Angelfish, 1 Peppermint Shrimp, 1 Mushroom Coral, 1 Emerald Crab, various snails and hermit crabs.

10 Gallon (Saltwater quarantine):
pkremer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 12:52 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice Regular

You can check this out it may help http://www.tylermerrick.com/index.php?page=css_notes.
I have a coralife 125 and am having the same problems .

1 Lawnmower Blenny
1 Bubble tip
2 Tomato Clowns
hardparts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 05:23 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Freak

I Cleaned it up and it seems to have worked :] The ammount of micro bubbles is very small now just some here n there and that doesnt bother me one bit.. Thanx Guys !!!!!!

Tags
coral, coralife, skimmer

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com